At Madison Avenue Publishing Inc., a New York Corporation (“Madison Avenue Publishing”), we take your privacy seriously, and promise to take care in the use of your personal information.
For purposes herein, “You” or “Your” shall refer to anyone who accesses the Website (“Website”), as hereinafter described. Madison Avenue Publishing shall sometimes be referred to herein as “Us,” “We, or “Our.”
(1) Information Collection. When You access the Website, Madison Avenue Publishing will learn certain information about You during your visit. The manner in which Madison Avenue Publishing handles information (“Member Information,” “Guest Information,” or, sometimes referred to generically as “Information”) about You, depends upon what You do when you visit the Website, and whether or not You are an Authorlog™ Member.
Madison Avenue Publishing does not sell or trade your personal information.
If You visit the Website to read, post, or download information, Madison Avenue Publishing will collect and store, without limitation, the following Information about You:
(a) Your registered Member Name [ if you are an Authorlog™ Member];
(b) Your IP address;
(c) Your e-mail address
(d) Your shipping address
(e) Your browser information
(g) Contact information
(h) Credit card or bank account information (unless purchases are made through PayPal)
(i) Phone number
(j) The date and time You access the Web Website
(k) Transactional information based on Your activities on the Website
(l) Media viewed played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared.
You have the option not to provide Us with certain information. If You choose this option, You will not be able to open an Authorlog™ Account and become an Authorlog™ Member, and there will be other features of our Website that will not be available to You.
(2) How We Gather Personal Information The Information We collect from Authorlog™ Members, customers, and visitors provides Madison Avenue Publishing with data it can use to personalize and improve Our services and to allow You to set up Your Authorlog™ Member Account. In that regard, We request and display some Information to other consumers and visitors of the Website. This allows consumers to identify authors and goods on the Website. We collect the following types of Information from Our Authorlog™ Members, customers, and visitors:
(a) Information Collected Automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever You interact with Our Website. Madison Avenue Publishing automatically receives and records information on Our server logs from Your browser including Your IP address, Our cookie information, the page You requested, and the media You consume, including what you viewed, played, downloaded, uploaded, ordered, and shared. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website, and its various pages and features. This data assists Us in improving our various services.
(b) Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any Information You enter on our Website or provide to Us in any other manner. The types of Information collected include, without limitation, your full name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, IP address, browser information, password, contact information, credit card or bank account information, transactional information based on Your activities on the Website, and media consumed on the Website including, but not limited to, media viewed (including eBooks), played, downloaded, uploaded, and shared.
(3) Website Security. For Website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, Madison Avenue Publishing uses third-party software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to register, post, upload or change Information, or otherwise cause damage. Additionally, to improve the display, and marketing of Madison Avenue Publishing, the third-party programs collect information including: the Internet address of the website You use to link directly to the Website; the search engine and keyword search You use to link to the Website; the type of Internet browser, screen resolution and Internet connection speed You utilize during your visit; the country from which You access the Website, collectively “Third Party Collected Information.” With the exception of your IP address, logs containing Third Party Collected Information are not personally identifiable.
If Madison Avenue Publishing, in its sole discretion, determines You are in violation of this Agreement, Your IP address and other Information the Website has gathered about You may, in the sole discretion of Madison Avenue Publishing, be used to report Your actions to Your Internet Service Provider, local authorities, or other individuals, and Madison Avenue Publishing reserves the right to disclose Information as required by law or in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
(4) Search Engine Indexing. Your presence and/or activity on the Website may be indexed by third party search engines, such as Google and Yahoo. Although Madison Avenue Publishing employs software to prevent search engine bots from indexing private forums or user Information, search engines may index some public forums or public areas of the Website. Your username may be collected by a search engine bot in this manner. Madison Avenue Publishing attempts to eliminate the collection of personal data, but does not warrant its ability to do so. You are encouraged to choose a username which does not identify You.
(5) Cookies. You warrant that You have been given notice of privacy concerns because Madison Avenue Publishing uses “cookies.” Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Madison Avenue Publishing transfers to Your computer’s hard drive through Your browser to enable Our systems to recognize Your browser and tell us how and when and how frequently pages in the Website are visited By You, including Your login details in Your Authorlog™ Account. On most computers, the Website address will appear in the “history” or cache, or on the drop down menu of recently visited websites on your browser. If, when logging into the Website, You choose “Yes” in answer to the question “Remember my log-in details?” You will be automatically logged in again when You, or anyone else using your computer, visits the Website.
(6) How We Use Your Information The Information You provide is used for such purposes as responding to Your requests for products and services, customizing the content You see, communicating with You about Our sales offers and new features, and responding to problems with Our services.
We may use all of the Information that we collect from You to understand usage trends and consumer and customer preferences, to improve the way the Website works and looks, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionalities.
We may use automatically collected Information and cookies information to: (a) remember Your Information so that You will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time You visit the Website; (b) provide You with custom, personalized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of Our marketing campaigns; and (d) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
We may use Your e-mail address or other personally identifiable Information for use in marketing campaigns, or to provide You with information about a specific program or feature You have elected to participate in or receive information about.
(7) Information that is Shared. Information is an integral part of Madison Avenue Publishing’s business, and we may share such Information with affiliated entities. Except as otherwise expressly set forth below, We neither rent nor sell Your Information to other people or non-affiliated companies. We may share Your Information with Your permission, and in the following circumstances: (i) to the content owners (Our authors) that relates to an author’s readers, including such things as which readers are consuming and sharing what pieces of media at what levels, subject to the ability of such readers to opt-out of promotional communications, and (ii) We may provide aggregate information to Our partners about how You use the Website. For example, when You purchase a particular author’s eBook or printed book from our eBookstore, that author will receive Your name and e-mail address unless You opt-out of disclosing this information. An author will also be able to identify the web page or link (included e-mail addresses to the extent a link was embedded in an e-mail) from which You were referred to an author’s page on the Website. In addition to the foregoing, Information will be share as follows:
(a) Third Party Service Providers: Because We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on Our behalf, We must share your Information with them to provide products or services to You. Unless You provide us with approval, such third party service providers do not have any right to use Information We share with them beyond what is reasonably necessary to complete the task for which they were retained. You hereby consent to our sharing of Information for these purposes.
(b) Business Transfers: If Madison Avenue Publishing, or all or any portion of its business or assets, are acquired, sold, or otherwise transferred, including in any merger or other transaction, or in the unlikely event that Madison Avenue Publishing goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, Information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by the successor or acquirer (or a third party through bankruptcy). You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur in any of these circumstances, and that any acquirer or successor or other party acquiring all or any portion of Madison Avenue Publishing’s business or assets may continue to use your Information as set forth in this policy.
(c) Protection of Madison Avenue Publishing and Others: We may release Information when We have reason to believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with any applicable laws, rules or regulations, to enforce or apply Our Terms of Service, and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Madison Avenue Publishing, Our employees, users, or others. This includes exchanging Information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
(d) Opt-In for Promotions: We do not share personally identifiable Information with third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without Your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which You will have the ability to opt-in, and have elected to do so.
(e) With Your Consent: Except as otherwise set forth above, You will be notified when your Information may be shared with third parties, and will have the option of preventing the sharing of this information.
(8) Information You May Access: Madison Avenue Publishing allows You to access certain Information about You as an Authorlog™ Member and Your customer accounts, for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that Information.
(9) A Summary of Your Choices Regarding Information: You can always opt not to disclose Information to Us. If you elect to opt out of providing Information, You will not be able to purchase goods from Madison Avenue Publishing as a customer or to become an Authorlog™ Member. If you are unwilling to provide Information, then you cannot purchase or sell goods through the Website. You are able to add or update certain Information on pages. When you update Information, however, We may maintain a copy of the unrevised Information in Our records. You may request deletion of your Authorlog™ Member Account by contacting customer support at mailto:email@example.com. Some Information may remain in Our records after deletion of Your account. You will be able to opt-out of receiving e-mail notices or solicitations from Us or our affiliates by responding to a link included in each e-mail notice or solicitation.
(10) California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. We are compliant with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
(11) Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). We will never knowingly collect personally identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal Information to Madison Avenue Publishing through the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older. The Website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
(12) CAN-SPAM Compliance. We use Our best efforts to ensure that We are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never knowingly transmitting misleading facts or data.
Last revised January 3, 2014.